RateGenius is committed to providing opportunity and value to our customers, partners, and employees while supporting our diverse workforce and community.
We operate by the following principles.
Integrity. Lead through positive behavior and actions. Provide respect, kindness, and fairness.
Open, Empowered Culture. Encourage personal, professional, and business growth.
High-Quality Environment. For our people, products, services, and technology.
We accept, respect, and celebrate the individual differences that make up our team and community.
Our employee-driven Culture Committee is responsible for celebrating events, activities, and holidays that are important to our workforce. Our Culture Committee conceives, plans, organizes and produces all related employee events from important socially significant events, to holiday parties and movie nights to enjoy and wellness activities for the mind and body.
Recent Culture Committee sponsored events include:
Annual Health Fair, Black History Month, Breast Cancer Awareness Week, Cinco de Mayo, Day of the Dead, Diwali, Easter Egg Picnic, Family Movie Night, Festivus, FitGenius Fitness and Exercise School, Halloween, Hanukkah, RateGenius Basketball, RateGenius Volleyball, Secret Santa, St. Patrick’s Day, Thanksgiving Day Flag Football, Valentine’s Day, Veterans Day and Virtual Happy Hours
Minority Majority Action Committee (MMAC)
The MMAC is a group of employees making an impact within the company and our communities through meaningful actions and education. The MMAC was recently formed to focus on:
- Voter education
- Supporting minority-owned businesses
- Working with local organizations to support Black families in need
MMAC and Communities in Schools of Central Texas
One of the first recommendations presented by MMAC was a partnership that benefited Austin-area school children, with an organization that was already close to some of our employees’ hearts.
In August 2020, RateGenius partnered with Communities in Schools of Central Texas to sponsor a supply drive, the “Ready for School Supply Drive,” with a goal to raise $10,000 and to provide ongoing mentorship volunteer hours to schoolchildren. RateGenius raised over $15,000 for the fundraiser which provided supplies like backpacks, headphones, hygiene products, laptops, tablets, and general bulk items to schoolchildren.
A founding principle of Communities In Schools is to establish one-on-one relationships with individual students in order to help them succeed in school.
“It was an honor for me to be a part of the Community in Schools organization as a volunteer for two years. The two children I had the opportunity to mentor would love to see me walk through the door and it was heartwarming to see the giant smiles it put on their faces. It made me feel like I was helping that child in some meaningful way.”
“I have a great appreciation for the Community in Schools program and the hands-on time they have taken to help my child. During challenging days, Communities in Schools have found ways to redirect my son’s focus through art and engineering projects. They are a wonderful organization for helping today’s youth.”
Helping others is part of our DNA. Our team has raised funds, donated goods, volunteered numerous hours, and walked miles for these charitable organizations.
Texas Baptist Children’s Home: 2017 to present
- Donated four truckloads of gifts to their Family Care Program that supports families in crisis
- Provided and volunteered for two “Fun Days” at Austin Parks N Pizza for all of the children and houseparents in their Campus Life Program
- Raised $7,300 to provide holiday gifts to all of the children and houseparents in their Campus Life Program
Hurricane Harvey Relief: 2017
- Volunteer teams provided over 350 hours of clean-up in Rockport, Dickenson/League City, Baytown, Humble, and Beaumont, Texas
- Donated two truck loads of animal food and care supplies to Austin Pets Alive!
- Donated over three truck loads of water and personal hygiene supplies to Austin Disaster Relief
Central Texas Food Bank: 2017 and 2019
- 73 volunteer hours of food sorting
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society: 2016, 2017, 2019
- Fundraising campaigns totaling $63,800
Crawl for Cancer: 2017 to present
- Fundraising campaigns totaling $4,920
MS Walk: 2017 to present
- Fundraising campaigns totaling $13,800
Austin Animal Center: 2017 to present
- 76 volunteer hours of dog walking
RateGenius reaffirms the following ideas and actions to further provide opportunity and advancement for our current and future employees:
- Redouble our efforts to widely publicize our job listings and opportunities, beyond typical and common listing boards and sites, to include and target minority applicants
- Provide job skill and workplace behavioral training
- Promote from within the company where and when both parties are positioned for success
- Open, honest communications including monthly “all hands” meetings, Q&As, surveys, and quarterly reviews
Overall Diversity at RateGenius
RateGenius has a diverse workforce that very closely mirrors Austin, Texas’ overall demographics. Of our 250-plus employees, we employ:
- 36% Hispanic or Latino
- 7.2% Black or African American
- 5.3% of two or more races/ethnicities
- 4.2% Asian American or Pacific Islander
- 0.3% American Indian
Overall, 53% of our workforce are people of color.
Women make up 43% of our workforce. 32% are in managerial positions, and 20% comprise our company officers.