Frequently Asked Questions
- How does refinancing work?
- When I refinance does that mean I have to start the entire term of my loan over again or extend the term of my loan?
- Do you only refinance cars?
- My vehicle is under my company name, can you still refinance it?
- Is there a charge to refinance my automobile?
- While I am working with RateGenius to refinance my automobile, can I stop making payments on my current loan?
- How long does the entire process take?
- Do I have to give you my social security number?
- I don't have my VIN number, mileage or all the information.
- Where can I find my VIN number?
- Can I apply if I am part-time, unemployed, self-employed, a homemaker or retired?
- Where did you get my information/credit from?
- Is a credit check required?
- Will my credit score be affected when rateGenius accesses my complete credit report to evaluate the credit worthiness of my application?
- Will it hurt my score when you check my credit to make me an unsolicited offer?
- Will all the lenders in the rateGenius network check my credit?
- Do you share or sell any of my information?
- I know my credit score. Is it still necessary to pull my credit?
- Can you tell me my credit score or send me a copy of my report?
- Can I add/remove a co-applicant from my current automotive loan?
- Can I add my (boyfriend, wife, mother, etc) to my current loan?
- Can I give you my (boyfriend, wife, mother, etc)'s information?
- What if the person can't speak English. Can I give their information to you?
- The applicant is in the military and is stationed overseas. Can I give you their information?
- I don't have my co-applicant's information. Can you call them?